Monday, May 3, 2010

I'll Follow the Sun


I'm in a really good mood today. I have no idea why. Maybe it's the rain, maybe I had a really relaxing weekend. Maybe it's because Tom and I went two whole days without wanting to kill each other. I don't know.

About an hour has passed since I wrote that little bit above and in that time I found out I got a 2K raise! I'll take it... :)
How's that for a cake topper!

Twenty four days or so until the move. The raise couldn't have come at a better time. I can't wait to move. I can't even say that there is so much to do anymore. Tom has been a machine, most everything is packed. Neatly and uber organized. I never could have done such a great job. On the other hand, he loses points because he packed my cork screw. Why would he do that?? When I asked him about it, for some odd reason he thought I was referring to my vibrator. Hmmmm.... I mean I guess I can see where the confusion set in. Maybe...

My 30th birthday is next week. Surprisingly it's seeming to bother me less and less as I get closer. It's really been weighing on me. The feeling is as old and cliche as it can get, you're too old to be young, too young to be old. Where do you fit in? I realize I am totally out of my element when I see teenagers with all their technology (Oh my God, listen to me!) I don't want to be a part of that.

Moving is helping a lot. Having a house of your own is a very grown up thing. What are the pre-requisites? I'm married, I have a kid, decent job... am I a grown up? When will I know? When Ryan is a little older and tells me I'm "such a dork".... much like Bob and I do to our mother, maybe it will set in. I hope I will always be cool to him... highly doubtful but I'd like to keep that dream alive for as long as I can.

Maybe thirty won't be so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment