Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Totally LOST


OK - I realize that I am a little behind but LOST is the most awesomest show... ever! When I first received my Netflix subscription the first thing I watched was Heroes Season 3. I was so blown away by the first two seasons of course I wanted to continue. Well, unfortunately as we all know Heroes fell flat on it's face. Cancel the show... save the world. I needed something fresh, something new... something that had several seasons available for streaming.

My previous knowledge of Lost had been basic. Plane crash, a bunch of people stranded on an island, the hot guy from Party of Five, the fat guy who I couldn't understand was fat for years while being apparently trapped on an island. I had no idea about the paranormal or mystery aspect of the show. Nothing.

The first episode had me completely entranced. The effects and emotions keep you constantly on the edge of your seat. I also remember thinking "Hey, it's Matt Parkman (the mind reading guy from Heroes) he's the pilot. Cool! Whoa! Holy crap, what just happened? Wait? He's dead? That was quick."

Hubby and I flew through the first three seasons. For whatever reason we switched gears and 'Lost' was on indefinite hiatus. I think "Dexter" took over at that point. So flash forward to about two weeks ago. I don't remember what it was that had me yearning to be back on the island (ironic considering that was the plot when I got back into the show), but I just had to.

Now here I am, about 7 episodes from the highly anticipated (though from what I've heard... dissapointing) series finale. I am so incredibly anxious to find out as much as I can but trying just as hard not to be spoiled. The show is just the biggest mind fuck. I love it. I love the element of surprise. Just when you think you might just have something figured out.. someone crawls out of the woodwork that just throws your entire hypothesis out the window.

It's sick, Lost is seriously all I think about. I dream about it for fucks sake. Damn island!

No comments:

Post a Comment